Your windshield is an integral part of your vehicle’s safety system. For your safety and security, here’s the rule of thumb: windshield replacement should be done as soon as possible to help prevent them from getting worse.
Why windshield replacement is better than windshield repair?
Windshield Replacement is a more superior option for windshield repair. The structural integrity of the glass is maintained and its function is protected. Repairing cracks may lead to slight optical distortion and can compromise the driver’s field of vision.
When do you need to replace your glass windshield?
- The Windshield is Chipped and Cracked? It can become chipped or cracked if road debris, such as a rock, hits the windshield. It can develop cracks or shatter due to the impact of a car accident or when the frame is twisted in abrupt turns. Or it can crack due to temperature extremes.
- The Windshield is Loose or Rattling? Car accidents are the most common reason why your windshield may be loose or rattling. An impact can damage the seal that holds your windshield in place. Once the seal is damaged, there is no way to replace it. Removing the auto glass and the seal is required to fix the problem. It makes sense to use fresh glass when completing this repair, as the old piece of glass may be thin and weak due to age.
- Windshield streak markings from wiper? The main reason for smudges and streaks from your windshield is not drying the glass completely after cleaning, and bad wipers. It will cause a buildup of dirt or loose dust on the windshield.
- Windshield watermarks? Water is high in minerals, such as magnesium and calcium. Hard water spots can come from anywhere, including the rain.
- Windshield is Pitted? As you drive down the road, sand, gravel, dirt, will hit your windshield. As they hit, they can leave behind tiny little indents. Over time, these indents can turn into pitting as these items continue to hit the windshield. A pitted windshield is more likely to chip, crack or shatter, can distort your vision while driving, and can cause glare while driving
- Windshield showing Signs of Age? Over time windshields get some wear and tear and eventually start showing deterioration, resulting in poor visibility. If you notice the view of the road ahead is not as clear as it should be, and it doesn’t clear up with basic cleaners, it’s likely time to replace that windshield. A damaged windshield may be more difficult to see through when driving through fog, night driving, and other obstructive weather conditions.
How to avoid windshield replacement scams?
Several car owners people end up dealing with untrustworthy car repair centers that dupe them for their money. These scammers usually charge customers exorbitantly for a poor-quality windshield replacement. Some do worse by performing a temporary repair and passing it off as a replacement.
You must always hand your car to a reliable auto glass shop to avoid these unfortunate scenarios. Case in point: Aguila Auto Glass, which is the Philippines’ most trusted car windshield and auto glass supplier. With over 70 years of experience in the automotive industry, Aguila Auto Glass offers top-of-the-line products that are compliant with DTI standards and carry the ICC mark.
It is not hard to find Aguila Auto Glass because it is present in 25 convenient locations across Luzon. Windshield replacements only take 1 hour or less to ensure that customers will get back on the road right away.